XI International Workshop on Ring Imaging Cherenkov Detectors
The XI International Workshop on Ring Imaging Cherenkov Detectors (RICH 2022) will take place in Edinburgh, UK from 12-16 September 2022.
The Workshop will present the “state of the art” and the future developments in Cherenkov light imaging techniques for applications in High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics and Astroparticle Physics.
Call for abstacts is NOW open!
Visit the RICH2022 Indico page!
The conference is organized in plenary sessions of invited and contributed talks, and poster presentations. The list of topics includes:
• Cherenkov light imaging in particle and nuclear physics experiments;
• Cherenkov light imaging in neutrino and astroparticle physics experiments;
• Pattern recognition and data analysis;
• R&D for future experiments;
• Photon detection techniques for Cherenkov imaging counters;
• Technological aspects and applications of Cherenkov light detectors.
The preliminary programme consists of nine half-day scientific sessions, together with a social programme, including an excursion and a banquet. Participants are encouraged to arrive on Sunday evening on the 11th of September in time for a stroll through the centre of Edinburgh up to the historic castle. The closing day of the conference is on the 16th of September.
The RICH2022 workshop is expected to take place in-person, in accordance with the UK guidelines. The status of the pandemic will be monitored and updated if required.
This conference is dedicated to the memory of Jacques Séguinot, one of the inventors of the Ring Imaging Cherenkov technique, who passed away on 12 October 2020.
More information is provided here.